Return to Work Services
ErgonomicWorks offers a full range of Return to Work (RTW) program development services to expedite the return of injured employees and contractors to safer workplaces in the LA and San Francisco regions.
Our role We are the experts who can balance workers’ needs for safety, while helping to protect employers against costly long-term claims. Essentially, we’ll assume the day-to-day functions associated with managing your staff’s injuries and illnesses cases, and back to work transitions – while collaborating with you to put a legally-compliant RTW program in place.
ErgonomicWorks’ return-to-work services include negotiating with employers, insurance companies, physicians and employees to define respective obligations – and managing the related paperwork. Then, we develop and implement focused policies and procedures, and promote program goals with senior leadership.
Rest assured, ours is not a cookie-cutter RTW approach: we’ll partner with you to develop a customized return to work plan that meets your organization’s specific needs. And, ErgonomicWorks’ experienced, credentialed consultants will support your organization through each phase of RTW program development and implementation.
Our Return to Work services:
- Provide accredited rehabilitation and RTW coordinators
- Perform initial and follow-up interviews with injured workers
- Lead overviews with managers/supervisors
- Conduct investigations into workplace claims
- Liaise with treating medical providers and employers’ insurance agents
- Testify, if needed, on behalf of clients
- Develop suitable duties lists and complete RTW plans
- Provide documented proof of new ergonomic equipment/practices
Protecting employers Preventing workplace injuries saves money in lost productivity and potential claims or lawsuits. Bringing in an expert return-to-work consulting firm, such as Ergonomic Works, helps to: resolve pending temporary worker’s compensation cases; deter these claims from evolving into protracted disability litigation; and prevent injuries/illnesses from occurring in the future.
Protecting employees Every employee deserves to work in a safe environment. A good RTW plan eases the return-to-work transition, confirming it’s medically-advisable and that the proper ergonomic tools, workflow and training are in place to ensure success.
Return to Work Case Study
From 2013-14, ErgonomicWorks’ founder Azi Imandel served as the Return-to-Work Coordinator within client County of Los Angeles’ Risk Management department.
The challenge The County wanted to reduce workplace injuries but needed guidance to pinpoint and resolve problem areas in a comprehensive and proactive way.
Action Azi headed the ErgonomicWorks team effort. She collaborated with County of LA staff to pinpoint and resolve workplace restrictions, and ensure regulatory compliance for RTW and workers’ compensation programs, including:
- Reviewing workplace violence security incident reports and providing recommendations.
- Performing case management operations and employee follow-up.
- Building productive relationships with defense attorneys and witnesses to incidents and accidents.
- Serving as a subject matter expert advising management, supervisors and staff about procedures, regulations and problems relating to injured/ill people.
Outcome The return to work plan Ergonomic Works instituted reduced lost time by 60% and workers’ compensation costs by 70%.